While I’m not the most stylish blogger you’ll ever meet, I’m still a sucker for a good deal. I’ve been seeing bloggers all over posting their SheIn.com purchases. When I googled SheIn.. I got mixed reviews. But $33 (free shipping) for the best dupes for the gucci fur loafers? Let’s give this a shot..
Mad For Mules
I am loving the mule trend for spring. My own personal style is either Black/Grey/White or all over Lilly. I’ve always been a fan of smoking slippers and still dream of the screw you Stubb & Wooton loafers. Ahh.. someday… someday..
If you live under a rock, mules are the latest shoe trend for spring. I love the way they look and pull an outfit together. I’ve been drooling over the gucci princetown fur slippers, but with a price tag of around $1k… I’ll just settle for photos of the loafers on instagram.
Or so I thought…
Meet SheIn.com, formerly known as SheInside. It is a fast fashion website offering many different options of apparel, shoes, and accessories. The price point is AWESOME. Most tops are under $20, most dresses under $30.. etc. It is similar to Forever21, but very on point with the trends. I’ve been less and less interested with Forever21’s offerings as of late.
- Sizing – READ THE REVIEWS & SIZE CHART FOR EVERY ITEM. I’ve only purchased shoes, but I am very thankful I read the reviews which noted to order 2 sizes up. I am normally a 38 and the 40’s fit perfectly. I’m sure most of you have seen the buzzfeed articles along the lines of “I ordered from China and this is what happened!”. Yeah, let’s avoid that one. I have not ordered clothes yet, but I am planning on it next. This page will get updated when I place that order.. I watched several youtube reviews before purchasing and clothes seem to run true to the measurements, but also may run on the smaller side
2. Consider the Style – If the dress is a body con dress, it may be best to size up. Sizing overseas seems to run smaller than the US sizes. And let me be the first to tell you, no one cares what size the tag says!! The point is to look GOOD in your clothes, not be offended if you have to order another size.
3. Shipping – Be patient. This is coming from overseas. I placed an order on 3/10 and received my package on 3/20. I was quite impressed with the shipping time. It’s not Amazon Prime, but compared to other overseas retailers, this was acceptable.
4. Smell – OK this is a big one. The shoes I bought had a bit of a plastic-y smell to them. This is to be expected because, of course, they aren’t beautiful leather. I recommend leaving your shoes or handbags outside or by a cracked window for a few days. The smell dissipates after awhile. It’s really not that bad.
5. Start Small – My first purchase was the shoes. My second purchase will be more apparel-based. I’d like to give it a shot, but also do not want to risk ordering tons of clothes that do not fit. I’d opt for more of the flowy-fit clothing items that will have a better chance of fitting.
What do you guys think? Have you ordered from Shein.com? Be sure to follow me on instagram for my latest adventures: @Nantuckate