Aldi is my new favorite! I love discovering new products and trying everything here. I love that they recently went all organic too. If you don’t have a Costco membership, I urge you to try Aldi. This is a European based grocer. They are NO FRILLS which is how they are able to provide their products at rock bottom prices. Be sure to bring your own bags and an extra quarter. You will use your quarter to rent the cart. No more carts in the parking lot (or paying people to take them in.. brilliant!)
I have gathered a few holiday items as well as some of my go-to’s for this list. Enjoy
- OK – I am so late on this! But if you have never completed an advent calendar before.. I highly encourage this eating challenge. Advent calendars have little gifts (or in this case, chocolates) for every day before Christmas. These are fun for everyone of all ages. Who doesn’t want a little chocolate everyday? These are priced at $0.99. YUP – Under $1! Reason enough to buy for the whole family, or even roommates!
2. Looking for something besides cheese to put on your crackers? This is absolutely hands down the best chicken salad I have EVER tasted. It has the perfect sweet punch to it with the cranberries. They also offer a chipotle chicken salad which is next on my list. A lady I work with recommended this to me and it’s a must have! Better than the home made kind! This is available for $3.69
3. Speaking of cheese – If chicken salad isn’t your thing, you should try this cheese. The mix of cheddar with cranberry tastes delicious as well. It is a pretty decent chunk of cheese for the price. $2.99 for 8oz.
4. MORE CHEESE! Last cheese recommendation, I swear. I love the smoked Gouda cheese. Aldi has a fantastic selection of specialty cheeses. Grab a few of these and your cheese platter will be easy as pie to put together.
5. Did someone say pie? I almost fell over when I saw this the other day in the frozen food section. If you haven’t tried the original cookie butter… consider yourself lucky. That jar is a deep black hole of sugary goodness. But in a PIE form? YES please! Holidays are for splurging a little but, right?? Don’t look at the calories on this, just don’t do it. This is priced at $5.99.
6. More chocolate goodies. Looking for a hostess gift that won’t break the bank? These Ferrero Rocher chocolates are normally priced at $5.59 from other retailers, but Aldi offers them for $3.49.
7. Fruit Snacks – Not holiday themed but I swear these are the best fruit snacks ever! I prefer the purple colored box but the strawberry ones are good too! 32 individual packets per box – which beats the competition by a landslide. $3.99 per box.
8. Winking Owl Wine – If you don’t want to trek to Costco, Aldi offers wine! The price for the size isn’t as great of a deal as Costco, but this wine is only $2.99. They offer a cab, Pino Grigio, Moscato, and a Merlot. $3 sounds skeptical, but I have heard many reviews that rate it as a B+. Aldi also has a fabulous dessert wine selection from Germany around the holiday season.
9. “A Journey To…” Sauces – These are SO worth it! They happen to sell pretty quickly so if you do spot them in your store, grab them up! I’ve tried the Tikka Masala simmer sauce and it is lovely. I purchased a green curry sauce to try next. $1.99 for the bottle – what a steal compared to the other grocers who would mark these up to $6 or above!
10. Gridlock Ultra White Energy Drink – LIFE HACK. This is an exact replica of the white monster. I repeat, the exact same as the white monster drink. Both 0 calories. Same taste. Same caffeine content. The difference? The Aldi version is only $0.99. I see Monster drinks usually priced around $2.78 and up. I promise, you won’t notice a difference. While this isn’t something I drink everyday, If I need a boost – it’s nice to know that I’m not spending a ton of cash on it!
What do you like from Aldi? I’ll do a sequal to this post when the weather gets warm of updated items that I have tried 🙂